Fashion Week! (a little late)
It's that time again, my friends! You know I love my NYC Fashion Week rundown and I know you love it too because you're too lazy to read all that shit in New York Magazine.

They showed the remaining five contestants to mess with the press and viewers. Not that any of us care. The season's only drama has been with Ricky's fucking crying every episode and there's no designer interesting enough to merit watching every week but we do it anyway.

They showed the remaining five contestants to mess with the press and viewers. Not that any of us care. The season's only drama has been with Ricky's fucking crying every episode and there's no designer interesting enough to merit watching every week but we do it anyway.
I have to say that although Christian is incredibly caddy and immature I really like his styling and think it'd make for a stellar ready-to-wear collection. Especially this one to the right.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.
Jillian's collection was as safe and bland as everything she made during the season but I did like this one dress.
Unfortunately, I think the model wearing it is Jaslene from Top
Model. Once I realized how sad it was that I knew that it made me throw up a little in my mouth and suddenly hate the dress.
Too bad.
Moving on to the real designers...
The Fall collections seemed to hinge on either insanity or perfection and there was little in between. Except for maybe Marc Jacobs.
The Marc by Marc Jacobs line was cute and had a vintage thrift look, but it just made me think of the dresses Samantha Mathis and her BFF wore in Pump Up the Volume. In fact, I covet this coat (at right).
But the Marc Jacobs collection was horrible. Bland colors with low, extremely wide waistlines that made every model look like shit. Then there was the horrible pantsuit that looked like an outfit my mom bought me in 7th grade for my first job interviews.


Meanwhile, anything that was remotely cute was wrecked
by this asinine headgear. What the fuck? Sweatbands with day dresses? I don't think so, homeboy.
Carmen Marc Valvo had some beautiful dresses and even had his models in glasses, which I thought looked chic and, you know, real. But his models were all clad in opaque black tights that made them look elderly, and they were so so so thin. One of them even looked like she was disappearing, like the clothes were hung on a coat rack.

Insanity reigned at Caroline Herrara but, for the most part, in a good way. The colors were spectacular and her alpine hats were clearly a play to unseat the reign of Marc Jacobs' Gatsby hat. But the lady has got to stop using fur. It actually looks gross and, in the age of modern textiles, is just unnecessary.
In any case, the boots were great.
I've never really understood the big love for 3.1 Philip Lim. His clothes always have a dowdiness that only the extremely beautiful could pull off. But there's always one or two pieces that are just plain delicate and gorgeous. Case in point:
Ditto goes for Rodarte. I read so much praise of their work but it always looks way too art school for me.
Examples? How about Strawberry Shortcake
on Ice and Goth Pajamas?
Ooooh. Shredded tights. How avant garde.

When it comes to young designers there's just so many that are
better at doing what the Mulleavy sisters are always aiming for.
Zac Posen. So romantic and quirky, and age appropriate.
And of course, there was perfection to be found in the usual places...
There is so much to love about about Catherine Malandrino but top 4 reasons are definitely: her day wear, her coats, her knitwear, and her.




Seriously, check her out.
Meanwhile, the Proenza Schouler boys showed up to break my heart again.
Their Fall collections are always my favorite.



Finally, everyone's favorite part of fashion week--the Kim Gordon sightings.



Jillian's collection was as safe and bland as everything she made during the season but I did like this one dress.Unfortunately, I think the model wearing it is Jaslene from Top
Model. Once I realized how sad it was that I knew that it made me throw up a little in my mouth and suddenly hate the dress.
Too bad.
Moving on to the real designers...
The Fall collections seemed to hinge on either insanity or perfection and there was little in between. Except for maybe Marc Jacobs.
The Marc by Marc Jacobs line was cute and had a vintage thrift look, but it just made me think of the dresses Samantha Mathis and her BFF wore in Pump Up the Volume. In fact, I covet this coat (at right).But the Marc Jacobs collection was horrible. Bland colors with low, extremely wide waistlines that made every model look like shit. Then there was the horrible pantsuit that looked like an outfit my mom bought me in 7th grade for my first job interviews.



Meanwhile, anything that was remotely cute was wrecked
by this asinine headgear. What the fuck? Sweatbands with day dresses? I don't think so, homeboy.
Carmen Marc Valvo had some beautiful dresses and even had his models in glasses, which I thought looked chic and, you know, real. But his models were all clad in opaque black tights that made them look elderly, and they were so so so thin. One of them even looked like she was disappearing, like the clothes were hung on a coat rack.
Insanity reigned at Caroline Herrara but, for the most part, in a good way. The colors were spectacular and her alpine hats were clearly a play to unseat the reign of Marc Jacobs' Gatsby hat. But the lady has got to stop using fur. It actually looks gross and, in the age of modern textiles, is just unnecessary.In any case, the boots were great.
I've never really understood the big love for 3.1 Philip Lim. His clothes always have a dowdiness that only the extremely beautiful could pull off. But there's always one or two pieces that are just plain delicate and gorgeous. Case in point:
Ditto goes for Rodarte. I read so much praise of their work but it always looks way too art school for me.
Examples? How about Strawberry Shortcake
on Ice and Goth Pajamas?Ooooh. Shredded tights. How avant garde.

When it comes to young designers there's just so many that are
better at doing what the Mulleavy sisters are always aiming for.
Zac Posen. So romantic and quirky, and age appropriate.
And of course, there was perfection to be found in the usual places...
There is so much to love about about Catherine Malandrino but top 4 reasons are definitely: her day wear, her coats, her knitwear, and her.




Seriously, check her out.
Meanwhile, the Proenza Schouler boys showed up to break my heart again.
Their Fall collections are always my favorite.



Finally, everyone's favorite part of fashion week--the Kim Gordon sightings.








1 Comments:
I think one day I will become wealthy just so you can style me.
Post a Comment
<< Home