The Malk
A few minutes ago, I decided Steve Malkmus should just be called "The Malk."Then I googled it. I dunno what happened. It was like my fingers were typing it but nothing was actually happening inside my brain. It was google autopilot.
By the way. Nice blazer, professor.
I've continually warned people against the dangers of Wikipedia. But this week, I must say, Wikipedia has given me many gratifying giggles.
First my trained monkey and now this:
List of neologisms on The Simpsons
I think "malk" might even end up being my favorite but who can really say...

6 Comments:
we called him malky in the highlands.
Malk lives in the same Portland neighborhood as my sister, which is the neighborhood for rich people who like to pretend they're not rich. I've never seen him tooling around on his bike.
Also: try convincing college students why Wikipedia is an unreliable source for an essay. They balk. "But it's written by experts!".
that'd be the exact kind of danger i'm talkin about! i'm sure the person who entered "list of neologisms on The Simpsons" is an "expert" in something but i'd hate to find out what.
also, in the valley we called him Sir Malkmus. but i like malky. malky works.
I'll happily adopt those nicks, but I must exert my personal prerogative to pronounce "Malk" as if it rhymes with "walk," and "Malky" as if it rhymes with "chalky."
Because the SM that I know (the one who was going to be baby-daddy to little Mavis Kalem-Malkmus) is actually kind of a chalky walker. If you know what I mean.
And I know that you do.
The Bachelor--who, indcidentally, says people tell him he looks likes The Malk "all the time"--actually told me beforehand that he'd be riding The Malk's bike. He said it might even have a kids seat attached to the back.
I told him he had to smell the seat and describe the smell to me.
The best part is: he actually did it.
actually, maybe he didn't...i can't remember but i like this version of the story the best.
oh, man!!
I didn't mean the kids seat. I meant the regular seat...
oooph. that got weird upon reinspection
Post a Comment
<< Home