REQUIRED READING
FAIR ACTION ALERT
Get the real story on unreported deaths of U.S. forces in Iraq and learn how to contact mainstream media outlets, demanding the full story.
From The Nation:
Katha Pollitt’s hilarious take on Howard Dean
Sometimes Truth is Stranger Than Fiction
Giant Gerbils are destroying China. No, it’s not a sci-fi movie.
RECORDS OF THE WEEK - "Now, this time just the boys."
90 day men - To Everybody (Southern Records)
Smart, young musicians with a knack for melding off-kilter instrumentation into spaced out soundscapes and still manage to be intensely emotional.
Division of Laura Lee – 97-99 (Lovitt Records)
Division of Laura Lee have mistakenly riden into the States on the wave of garagerockfreakout from Sweden but their early recordings are all 80's DC punk. Taught with energy that explodes into guitars and vocals, each track adds to the arguement that Division of Laura Lee is too smart in the ways of experimentation to settle for anything less than ingenuity.
Nick Lowe - Basher: The Best of Nick Lowe (Columbia Records)
One morning a few years back I woke up and thought, "I'm going to like Elvis Costello. Starting...now." I went out, bought My Aim is True, and fell in love. What I'm wondering is, why the hell didn't anyone tell me to listen to Nick Lowe records back then? Precious years have gone blandly by without his quirky, pop genius.
FAIR ACTION ALERT
Get the real story on unreported deaths of U.S. forces in Iraq and learn how to contact mainstream media outlets, demanding the full story.
From The Nation:
Katha Pollitt’s hilarious take on Howard Dean
Sometimes Truth is Stranger Than Fiction
Giant Gerbils are destroying China. No, it’s not a sci-fi movie.
RECORDS OF THE WEEK - "Now, this time just the boys."
90 day men - To Everybody (Southern Records)
Smart, young musicians with a knack for melding off-kilter instrumentation into spaced out soundscapes and still manage to be intensely emotional.
Division of Laura Lee – 97-99 (Lovitt Records)
Division of Laura Lee have mistakenly riden into the States on the wave of garagerockfreakout from Sweden but their early recordings are all 80's DC punk. Taught with energy that explodes into guitars and vocals, each track adds to the arguement that Division of Laura Lee is too smart in the ways of experimentation to settle for anything less than ingenuity.
Nick Lowe - Basher: The Best of Nick Lowe (Columbia Records)
One morning a few years back I woke up and thought, "I'm going to like Elvis Costello. Starting...now." I went out, bought My Aim is True, and fell in love. What I'm wondering is, why the hell didn't anyone tell me to listen to Nick Lowe records back then? Precious years have gone blandly by without his quirky, pop genius.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home