9.19.2006

catholic block





when i wonder why i'm fucked up, it's things like this that provide the answers...

i look really happy though, don't i?

my mom made the outfit and my cousin's cousin, richie, was my joseph.
we led a feast day parade for St. Francis Church through the Fairlawn(?) section of Pawtucket, RI.

3 Comments:

Blogger CLAY BANES said...

that thing on your head looks suspiciously foreign.

my mom's mom, the devout catholic side, told we once when we were sitting together in front of the t.v. (i was living with her) that she didn't like the mexicans and others naming their kids jesus. it was just wrong, obviously, if you were right-thinking.

so we started to make a list of acceptable boys' names.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I have to find my first communion picture. That image of twenty little girls (including me) in miniature wedding gowns gives me the creeps.

But how cute you are!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Stefanie Kalem said...

You know that you're smiling because everyone's looking at you. Which is probably also part of the reason why you're fucked up now -- because we're not all looking at you. Well let me tell you something missy, the next time we meet I'll take a good long hard look at you. Will that make you happy?

If I come home after you're asleep tonight, I'll just do it quietly.

Thank good ness I'm Jewish, and therefore not fucked up.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home