5.21.2006

It's a Dusty Old Jewel


I've been a very bad blogger. Days and days have gone by but I just don't give a shit about the internet lately.

I took off for a few days to somewhere hot and dry. It felt good.
Especially falling into the utopia of Davis during one of the first summer days. Kids played in sprinklers; local farmers and vendors sold strawberry shortcake, kettle corn, cold asparagus soup, and shaved ice; friends danced to the samba; and Bird Feet and I swung on the swings while the breeze dried the sweat that'd pooled on the backs of our knees.

It made me miss the countryside.
Or at least the places away from the noise...
Some things will never leave you.

I can ride my bike in rush hour traffic.
I've grown immune to homeless people (even the guy with the oxygen tube).
I always have a BART ticket at the ready.
I can think of at least 3 ways to hurt someone who tries to mug me.


But really, I'm not much of a city mouse. I'd rather be sleeping on a grassy knoll, riding the waves in Truro, or cruising pioneer valley backroads at night with the headlights off.

2 Comments:

Blogger CLAY BANES said...

i'm feeling some heimweh from the fuzzies. i am so high right now.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

is this your way of criticizing my photo posting technique?
not everyone has a scanner.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home